For interior paint and exterior paint projects...
...our professional painters provide full site preparation services in Avon CT, Berlin CT, Farmington CT, Glastonbury CT, Meriden CT, Rocky Hill CT, Simsbury CT, West Hartford CT, Windsor CT and surrounding towns. Site preparation is the first step in a successful project. Whether we're working inside or outside of your home, we'll take pains to ensure that your property is well-maintained and that the only evidence of our having been there is a beautifully painted area. Schedule an estimate online today for your next home improvement project.
Our Interior Paint preparation includes:
- All heavy furniture will be moved by the contractor to the middle of the room and covered with new plastics. The homeowner is responsible for removing all small items and breakables.
- All floors will be protected with clean rubber-backed canvas and/or professionally used drop-cloths.
- All switch plates are removed prior to painting (painted if owner requests) and put back in place after painting is completed.
- All drywall and/or plaster repairs are made, including all reasonably unsightly imperfections. This includes nail pops and loose plaster. Loose corner beads will be secured and skimmed and any picture-hanging holes or curtain-rod holes filled at owners request. These patches will sometimes require two to three coats of joint compound, then allowed to dry. Compound is then sanded and primed before any finish is applied.
- All woodwork is sanded and checked for imperfections, which if large enough will be sealed with wood filler, then sanded and primed before any finish is applied.
- All caulking of any cracks, where wood meets wood or painted wood meets drywall, will be done using acrylic latex caulking, which comes with a manufacturer's warranty of not less that 40 years.
- Only top-line paints will be applied. Sheens (flat, eggshell, satin, semi-gloss or high gloss) will be discussed with the homeowner and listed on the work detail.
- We remove/renovate existing wallcovering and paint.
- We will vacuum the work area and place all furniture in its original position.
- We guarantee your satisfaction for all of our two-coat work.