Although exterior paint jobs usually last about 5 to 7 years, wood trim can fade in as little as 3 years! There are pluses to painting house trim, and many of them have to do with your reasons for wanting to improve curb appeal. Read on to learn how painting exterior trim improves curb appeal and provides other benefits, as well.
When it’s Time to Consider Repainting Exterior Trim
If you have been trying to sell your home but it continues to languish on the market, steps are needed to get buyers’ attention. An excellent strategy for upgrading curb appeal is to paint your house trim. It’s likely unnecessary to paint the entire exterior, since a fresh paint of trim alone can usually provide the desired transformation. The first impression of your home will draw potential buyers in or send them to the next house for sale. The dingy look of peeling or faded paint is not the impression any seller wants to make.
When to Paint Exterior Trim
Business owners who want to attract more customers can impress new visitors by maintaining a sharp and appealing view of the property from the curb. Homeowners may just want to preserve the condition of the wood before the fading paint exposes it to damage. The following are more good reasons to paint exterior trim:
· When paint is chipping off, it’s a sign that the trim needs painting. Chipping paint may be caused by animal activity or prolonged exposure to wind and/or sun. The most common reason paint begins to chip off is that the life of the last paint job has expired.
· Dark paint absorbs sunlight and is more prone to fade than light paint. Faded paint has lost its lustrous brightness. Early on, pressure washing can revive the look. When new paint is needed, nothing else will bring back the faded finish.
· A loss of contrast with the other paint on the exterior dims curb appeal, as well. As paint fades, the colors that formerly complemented one another lose the appealing effect.
More Benefits of Painting Exterior Trim
In the same way that a new interior paint job can be like an entire home makeover, painting trim may be all that’s needed to create the spark you’re hoping for, as far as transforming curb appeal. More benefits of painting your exterior trim follow:
· When the exterior trim gets new paint, the beautiful architectural lines of a home can stand out much more effectively.
· Exterior trim needs protection from harsh outdoor elements. When paint begins to deteriorate, the wood is more susceptible to moisture, insects, and UV rays. Exterior paint on the trim does an excellent job of helping to preserve the wood.
· Contrasting colors can create a gorgeous effect on a home. Without clear contrasts partially created by the trim, a house, by comparison, can fade into the background. Curb appeal is diminished without the contrast.
The Best Choice for Painting Exterior Trim
Contact the skilled painters at Franklin Painting LLC, for a fresh coat of exterior trim. Franklin Painting will provide the best possible professional finish as well as unbeatable customer service. To improve curb appeal with exterior trim painting, call Franklin Painting at 877-646-7774.
Frank Campanelli, the esteemed founder of Franklin Painting LLC, has been leading the company since 1986. He takes immense pride in the stellar reputation his dedicated team has built by consistently delivering top-notch service to each customer.